Official Bios Update/Restore
15/11/2013: HP released an updated BIOS (Ver. 2013.10.01 (A)) that fixes issues with using the onboard network port with Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2012, Windows 10, and Windows 8.1.
Your USB drive should be NTFS formatted.
Official download :
- 15/11/2013 http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts.oid=4310887
- The above link now redirects to a dead page. Following is a mirror of the original, courtesy of the Internet Archive. (http://web.archive.org/web/20150110225249/http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/pubsw-windows/p1657370250/v93269/SP64420.exe)
Official documentation :
- 30/09/2011 TheBay posted a bios hack which allows 6 ports of AHCI SATA 3gb/s. Click here to view original forum topic.
- 01/12/2012 There is a BIOS by bios-mods.com. Click here to view forum discussion.
- 01/12/2013 There is a new modded bios based on the November 2013 HP BIOS that re-enables AHCI 3gb/s. Click here to view forum post. Tested and working with N54L.
- 01/08/2014 There is a new modded BIOS and guide for the latest HP BIOS (From 1/10 2013). Tested and working with N36L, N40L and N54L. Step by Step guide can be found Here